Whether you have a plumbing emergency, need plumbing maintenance, or need a new toilet installed finding the right plumbing company is crucial, but can also be very overwhelming. There could be anywhere from 25-75 plumbing companies just in your city alone. It’s important to find a reputable, honest company that you can trust.
Here are some of our tips on how to find the right plumber for you.
1. Be proactive. Don’t wait until you’re in the middle of a plumbing emergency to find the right plumbing technician. In that instance, you may focus more on who can respond the quickest instead of the best overall plumber. Do research now so you can take your time and truly find the best plumbing technician. If you have any smaller plumbing needs now it would be a good time to try out the plumber, you find so you can decide if you want to use them for bigger projects or emergencies.
2. Check their credentials. Make sure the plumbing technician you choose is licensed and insured. This is the most important thing to look for when searching for a plumber. Insurance is important to protect you in case a disaster occurs, or the plumber gets injured while working at your home, an uninsured plumber can charge you if they get hurt at your home. Always ask the plumber you are considering if they have these credentials, they should have their licenses on their website.
3. Check their experience. Look at how many years of experience the plumbing technician has. Typically, the more years of experience the more knowledgeable they are and the higher the chances that they deliver quality work. However, keep in mind that just because a business has been around for a longer time doesn’t mean they are the best or do the work at a fair price.
4. Ask for recommendations. Ask your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues if they have a go-to plumbing technician. Asking those you trust is a great way to find a plumbing technician that you may not have found yourself. Another option is to ask other professionals you know. For example, your electrician or someone whose done construction on your home. They may know and have worked with plumbers and can give you recommendations on ones they trust.
5. Check reviews. Once you find a company you think might be the right fit make sure to check out their reviews. You want to make sure that their previous customers have been satisfied with their services. Additionally, reviews can help you to know what to expect from their service. Customer satisfaction is usually proof of good service and workmanship. You can usually find reviews with a quick Google search, but you can also check Angie’s List and Yelp as well.
6. Ask for Estimates. In addition to all the other factors you want to consider their prices. A written estimate is done after the plumber has assessed the problem in your home and then can determine the right price for the work. If you’re looking at several companies, this can help you to determine the right fit for you and your budget.
However, beware of plumbing technicians who quote you a low price for a simple fix that won’t withstand the test of time. It’s better to pay more now and have the problem be fixed than to pay more later because the plumber didn’t do it correctly the first time.
Our name is HR Silicon Valley Plumbers not just because my name is Henry Rivera, and my initials are HR but because our core values are honesty and reliability. If you need any plumbing services from repairs to installations to emergencies call us today!